Raw materials for the sustainable development and the circular economy
Launch of the Call November 28, 2019
Deadline for proposal submission March 12, 2020
Notification of accepted proposals June 2020
Indicative Call budget of TA CR € 1 000 000
Applicants research organizations and enterprises
TA CR Contact Person
+420 234 611 629
- Supply of raw materials from exploration and mining
- Mining operations
- Mine closure and reclamation
- Product design for increased raw material efficiency
- Product design for reuse or extended durability of products
- Product design to promote recycling
- Product design for critical materials substitution
- Processing, Production and Remanufacturing
- Increase resource efficiency in resource intensive production processes
- Increase resource efficiency through recycling of residues or remanufacturing of used products and components
- Increase resource efficiency using information and communication technologies (ICT)
- Recycling and Re-use of End-of-Life Products
- End-of-life products collection and (reverse) logistics
- End-of-life products pre-processing: pre-treatment, dismantling, sorting, characterisation,
- Recovery of raw materials from End-of-life products
- Increase recycling of End-of-Life products through information and communication technologies (ICT)
- Cross-cutting topics:
- New business models (implementing circular economy aspects)
- Improvement of methods or data for environmental impact assessment
- Social acceptance and trust/public perception of raw materials
- EU countries/regions: Belgium-Brussels; Belgium-Flanders; Belgium-Wallonia; Czech Republic, Finland; France; Greece; Poland; Portugal; Romania; Slovakia; Slovenia; Sweden
- EU Associated country: Turkey
- Non-EU countries: Canada-Québec, Chile and South Africa
General conditions for application
- Joint Call is for universities, research institutes, companies, NGOs and public authorities.
- A consortium must consist of at least three project partners eligible and requesting funding from the participating Funding Organisations of at least two different countries whereof one is an EU Member State or an Associated Country (Turkey) participating in the Call.
- Applicants requesting funding are obliged to check with their national/regional contact point about the relevant national/regional regulations prior to application.
- Organisations from countries/regions not participating in the Call can be partners of the consortium on the condition that they provide evidence of the availability of their own funds.
- Consortia involving both academic and industrial organisations are particularly encouraged.
- Consortia covering the entire innovation chain from idea to end-user/market are considered positive as well as consortia with actors traditionally working in other industries, so that more ground-breaking innovations can be created through new approaches.
Partner search tools
- The NCPs-CaRE online partner search: http://partnersearch.ncps-care.eu/
- The EC Partner search: https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/portal/screen/how-to-participate/partner-search
- EEN (Enterprise Europe Network): http://een.ec.europa.eu/tools/services/
- ERA-MIN Joint Call LinkedIn Group: https://www.linkedin.com/in/era-min-2-joint-calls-102ba271/
Electronic submission system
Link to access to the ESS: https://www.submission-era-min.eu/call3
About ERA-MIN 2
ERA-MIN 2 is a Pan-European, global, innovative and flexible network of 21 public research and innovation funding organisations of EU countries and regions and non-EU countries that aims to develop the non-energy and non-agricultural raw materials sector: metallic, construction and industrial minerals. ERA-MIN 2 has successfully implemented two joint calls (2017 and 2018) for collaborative R&I projects and as a result a total of 28 transnational projects were supported with €21.1 million of public funding and €28.7 million total costs.
ERA-MIN 2 has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme under grant agreement No. 730238.