Materials research and innovation
Launch of the Call March 17, 2020
Deadline for proposal submission June 16, 2020
Notification of accepted proposals January 2021
Indicative Call budget of TA CR 1 000 000 EUR
Applicants research organizations and enterprises
TA CR Contact Person
+420 234 611 629
M-ERA.NET Call 2020 open since 17 March 2020
M-ERA.NET Call 2020 to be launched mid-March
The M-ERA.NET Call 2020 was launched on the 17 March 2020. 28 funding agencies from 22 countries participate with a total budget of more than 20 million € national/regional funding.
Pre-Proposal-Deadline: 16th of June 2020
The aim is to fund ambitious transnational RTD projects addressing materials research and innovation including materials for low carbon energy technologies and related production technologies. M-ERA.NET aims to strengthen the contribution of materials R&D to energy-related applications where applicable.
The Call 2020 includes the following thematic areas:
- Modelling for materials engineering and processing
- Innovative surfaces, coatings and interfaces
- High performance composites
- Functional materials
- New strategies for advanced material-based technologies in health applications
- Materials for additive manufacturing
General conditions for application
- Minimum requirement: Project consortia must consist of at least 3 partners (all requesting funding from a funding organisation listed in Annex 3) from at least 2 different countries (at least 1 EU member state or associated country ) participating in the M-ERA.NET Call 2020. In addition to the minimum consortium the participation of further partners is possible.
- Coordinator must request funding from a funding organisation listed in Annex 3.
- Proposal must address appropriate TRLs for selected M-ERA.NET Call 2020 topics.
- Mandatory proposal forms must be used (provided for download at https://www.m-era.net/joint-call-2020).
- Proposal must be written in English.
- more about general conditions for application are published in document Guide for proposers
Partner serach tools
Electronic sumission system
M-ERA.NET Call 2020 pre-proposal submission is open: Link to Submission Tool
- Call flyer (updated version availble soon)
- Guide for proposers (version 3 / 18 March 2020)
- mandatory Pre-Proposal form
- mandatory Full-Proposal form and mandatory annex 1 to Full-Proposal form
- Final reporting template
Documents for Czech applicants are here in section “Dokumenty”.
About M-ERA.NET 2
M-ERA.NET is an EU funded network which has been established in 2012 to support and increase the coordination of European research and innovation programmes and related funding in materials science and engineering. Between 2016 and 2021, the M-ERA.NET consortium will continue to contribute to the restructuring of the European Research Area (ERA) by operating a single innovative and flexible network of national and regional funding organisations. M-ERA.NET contributes to EU policies and is complementary to funding schemes at regional, national and European levels, supporting the exploitation of knowledge along the whole innovation chain from basic research to applied research and innovation. By stimulating scientific excellence and the creation of a new innovation oriented economy, M-ERA.NET will deliver lasting impact and significant breakthroughs. M-ERA.NET aims to develop a long-term cooperation between funding organisations from countries and regions across Europe and beyond.
M-ERA.NET provides a central forum where substantial pan-European research funding programmes can be aligned to support the European RTD community. M-ERA.NET aims to address societal challenges and technological needs with an interdisciplinary approach, providing a flexible umbrella structure to cover emerging topics in materials research and innovation, including materials for low carbon energy technologies and related production technologies. As a core activity, a series of joint calls for transnational RTD projects will be implemented. These calls will offer the European RTD community an opportunity to access coordinated funding across Europe and to gain access to leading knowledge world-wide. Over five years, the M-ERA.NET consortium aims to mobilise substantial national and regional public funding as well as EU funding.
TACR has participated in:
Call 2019 – for more information visit https://m-era.net/joint-calls/joint-call-2019 or https://www.tacr.cz/soutez/m-era-net/call-2019-4/
Call 2018 – for more information visit https://m-era.net/joint-calls/joint-call-2018 or https://www.tacr.cz/soutez/m-era-net/call-2018-3/
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme under grant agreement No. 685451.