Biodiversity and climate change
Launch of the Call September 2, 2019
Deadline for pre-proposal submission November 5, 2019
Deadline for full proposal submission April 21, 2020 (16:00 CEST) – due to the Corona/Covid-19 pandemia was the deadline postponed
Indicative Call budget of TA CR € 1 000 000
Applicants main applicant: research organization; other participant: enterprise, research organization, organisational units of the state and partially state budget-funded organisations
TA CR Contact Person
+420 234 611 630
Considering the current Covid 19 situation, the deadline to submit the full proposal for step 2 has been postponed until Tuesday 21st April – 4pm CEST (local time in Brussels).
- Consequences of climate change on biodiversity and nature’s contributions to people
- Climate-biodiversity feedback processes
- Potential of nature-based solutions for mitigating and adapting to climate change
- Synergies and trade-offs between policies on biodiversity, climate and other relevant sectors, and the role of agents of change
34 funding organisations from 26 countries are joining this call and have reserved – together with the European Commission* – a total amount of over 26 Million Euro:
Austria, Belgium, Brazil (Sao Paulo State), Brazil**, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Israel, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia and Turkey
* EC contribution is still tentative, pending on the signature of the Grant Agreement of the BiodivClim COFUND Action
** The following Brazilian States will participate in the call, with the support of CONFAP : Alagoas, Amazonas, Bahia, Distrito Federal, Espírito Santo, Goiás, Maranhão, Mato Grosso, Mato Grosso do Sul, Minas Gerais, Pará, Paraíba, Paraná, Pernambuco, Rio de Janeiro, Rio Grande do Sul, Santa Catarina
Please note that each research Partner in a project must comply with the eligibility criteria and rules of its funding organisation.
General conditions for application
Research teams will be invited to form transnational research consortia with eligible partners from minimum 3 countries participating in the call (including minimum two from EU Member States or EU Associated Countries).
!! NEW – the rules below was clarified on 23/10 !!
For applicants from the overseas: provided the criterion above is met (Partners from at least two different EU Member States or Associated Countries participating in the call), for proposals including Partners from outermost regions and overseas countries and territories participating in the call, the outermost regions and overseas countries and territories can be counted as a specific participating countries (for the criteria: at least three different countries).
Partner search tools
Use the BiodivERsA Partner Search Tool available here.
Electronic submission system
You can access the EPSS here
- Consult the complete call documents (including the scientific call text, more information on procedures, evaluation criteria, etc.) – updated on 23/10 (rules for overseas applicants)
- Make sure to consult your national / regional funding organisation rules & to contact your Funding Organisation Contact Point: see here (!! last update of the document: 25/10/2019 – addition of the FO rules for Région Réunion !!)
- Consult the pre-proposal application form (.doc version) – for information only, submission of pre-proposals has to be done online only, via the EPSS.
- Consult the full proposal application form (.doc version) – for information only, submission of full proposals has to be done online only, via the EPSS.
BiodivERsA is a network of 39 agencies and ministries from 25 European countries and associated countries programming and funding pan-European research on biodiversity and ecosystem services on a competitive basis. It is an ERA-NET Co-fund, funded under the EU’s Horizon 2020 Framework Programme for Research and Innovation.
BiodivClim has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme under grant agreement No. 642420.