BiodivERsA and the Water JPI are pleased to pre-announce that they will soon launch a joint call for research and innovation projects on: Conservation and restoration of degraded ecosystems and their biodiversity, including a focus on aquatic systems.
This joint call includes a focus on freshwater aquatic systems but ALL ENVIRONMENTS (I.E. Terrestrial, Freshwater and Marine) ARE ELIGIBLE.
A two-step application procedure will be used in this call. Proposals (in English only) must be submitted electronically. Instructions regarding submission, eligibility, and evaluation criteria and other relevant information will be made available soon in the official call announcement.
This call will cover the following three non-exclusive themes:
- Studying the biological and biophysical processes at stake for conservation/restoration, and their interactions
- Assessing trade-offs and synergies between targets, benefits and policies for conservation and restoration
- Knowledge for improving the effectiveness and upscaling of conservation and restoration actions
- October 5th 2020: Call opening
- December 7th 2020: Deadline pre-proposals
- Deadline for full proposals: to be confirmed by December 2020.
At this stage, the following countries have expressed a preliminary interest to participate in the call with a total amount of over 18 Million euros*:
Austria, Belgium, Brazil*, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Morocco, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tunisia and Turkey
* The list of Brazilian States participating in the call will be communicated later