The European Joint Programming Platform ERA-Net Smart Energy Systems (JPP ERA-Net SES) in collaboration with the global Mission Innovation Initiative is pleased to announce the Joint Call 2020 on digital transformation for green energy transition (“MICall20”). The aim is to support transnational research and innovation activities unleashing the potential of digital transformation for a sustainable energy society. The total available budget exceeds € 25 Mio (including funding from the European Commission). The Joint Call 2020 has been launched on 14 December 2020.
Digital transformation for green energy transition
By accelerating the implementation, adaption and knowledge creation of digital solutions in energy systems and networks, this call supports the following objectives:
- Advance the green energy transition in all sectors of the energy system while ensuring security of supply
- Shaping new transnational business and investment opportunities by sector coupling and development of new value chains in innovative and cost-effective energy solutions, thereby creating new employment opportunities and contributing to the development of an environmentally sustainable financial growth
- Ensuring social sustainability and coherence with digitalisation in other sectors in the progression of the green energy transition
- Increase the development and uptake of latest digital innovation and solutions in the energy domain
- facilitate well established open and harmonised marketplaces that better connect the ICT and the energy domain
- improve knowledge and awareness for policy makers, regulators and utilities on digital solutions
Technology Agency of the Czech Republic (TACR) will support successful Czech applicants and their projects with the amount of 1 000 000 EUR. Both enterprises and research organizations can apply for TACR funding. Funding rules for the Czech applicants are defined by a funding programme THÉTA.
Interested organisations can join the information webinar on the call which will take place on 13 January 2021. Please register here.
National/Regional Funding Agencies Participating in this Call:
Austria (FFG), Czech Republic (TA CR), Denmark (EUDP), Finland (BF Oy), Germany (PtJ), India (DST), Israel (MOE), Latvia (VIAA), Morocco (IRESEN), Nordic and Baltic region (NER), Norway (RCN), Poland (NCBR), Romania (UEFISCDI), Scotland (SCOTENT), Spain (CDTI), Sweden (SWEA), Switzerland (DETEC-SFOE), Turkey ( TÜBİTAK)
Indicative Call procedure timings
|Proposal phase||Call opens||14 December 2020|
|Deadline for compulsory registration of interest||17 February 2021|
|Full proposal submission deadline||06 May 2021|
|Selection phase||Project selection||November 2021|
|Project phase||Project start date||Before 15 June 2022|
The full call text can be downloaded here.
Project proposals must be submitted electronically through The NordForsk Application Portal.