|Project||“proEthics” – Participatory Real Life Experiments in Research and Innovation Funding Organisations on Ethics|
|Identification of programme||Horizon2020|
|Type of Action||CSA|
|Coordinator||ZENTRUM FÜR SOZIALE INNOVATION GMBH|
|Duration||48 months (1. 1. 2020 – 31. 12. 2024)|
|Total Project Budget||2.958.294 €|
|Total EU contribution for the first (past) call||2.958.294 €|
The project summary
PRO-Ethics overall objective is to exploit and promote a comprehensive, co-developed, tested and widely consulted ethics framework that enables a more effective handling of the ethical dimension of innovation, in particular regarding new modes of interaction and novel participation configurations, for the benefit of more relevant, fair and effective innovation activities.
In order to reach this overall objective, PRO-Ethics has the following specific objectives:
1. To gather and systematise needs, requirements and values of citizens by participatory processes to improve access and avoid a technological divide (see WP1),
2. To create and promote fair and gender sensitive interaction modes taking into account legal stipulations, governance structures and regulations, codes of practice and tools (including IT-Tools) (WP5 supported by all other WPs),
3. To test, pilot and assess novel participation configurations in three action fields of RFOs ́ activities: Participation in innovation projects, participation in strategy development and participation in evaluation processes (see WP2 and WP3),
4. To validate findings in interactive learning formats and in dialogue with stakeholders and ethic bodies (see WP3 and WP4),
5. To secure a widespread take-up of the developed framework across the European Union (and beyond) by consulting, sharing and promoting standards, principles and guidelines (see WP6).
In order to demonstrate a promising pathway to impact at the end of the project, our target is that RFOs in at least 15 European Countries will promote and work with our standards and guidelines. By using them in their specific contexts and ‘markets’, 1000s of projects and dozens of strategy and programme development processes and evaluations will benefit from this EU project in the medium run.
TA CR’s goal within this initiative is to consolidate the cooperation with relevant funding organisations from Europe and beyond.
Project activities are divided to 7 work packages.
WP1: Conceptual Framework
WP2: Testing the ethics framework 0.1 in real life pilots
WP3: Cross-pilots learning
WP4: Stakeholder Dialogue, Reflection and Embedding
WP5: Synthesis – Ethics framework and practical guidelines 1.0
WP6: Communication, dissemination and exploitation
WP7: Coordination and Management
- ZENTRUM FUR SOZIALE INNOVATION GMBH
- FONDEN TEKNOLOGIRADET
- TECHNISCHE UNIVERSITEIT DELFT
- FONDATION NATIONALE DES SCIENCES POLITIQUES
- ASSOCIATION D’EUREKA
- EUREC OFFICE GUG
- NORGES FORSKNINGSRAD
- CENTRO PARA EL DESARROLLO TECNOLOGICO INDUSTRIAL.
- TECHNOLOGICKA AGENTURA CESKE REPUBLIKY
- OSTERREICHISCHE FORSCHUNGSFORDERUNGSGESELLSCHAFT MBH
- VDI/VDE INNOVATION + TECHNIK GMBH
- UNITATEA EXECUTIVA PENTRU FINANTAREA INVATAMANTULUI SUPERIOR, A CERCETARII, DEZVOLTARII SI INOVARII
- LIETUVOS MOKSLO TARYBA
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme under grant agreement No. 872441.